Solar Energy Facts
Get ready for Surprises!
Solar Energy Facts are just some
tidbits of all the blessings which the sun showers on all of us. Here
blessing implies to all that solar energy which we get from the sun
Knowing the facts will always prove
beneficial to you and will also help you to understand and make use of
solar energy for your benefit.
Common Facts about Solar Energy
- Solar Energy is Free
- Solar Energy is abundantly available throughout the globe wherever you are.
- Of the Total solar energy received by the earth, 30% is reflected back into space due to the presence of the atmosphere.
- Solar Energy is Environment Friendly
- The Climate changes, ocean currents, seasons are all a result of solar energy which the earth receives each day.
- Solar Energy can be used in two different forms Active Solar Energy and Passive Solar Energy
Energy can be used in a variety of ways dry your clothes on a line,
heat water, cook food using a solar cooker, charge your ipod or notebook
pc. In fact we can have a bigger list about the uses of solar energy in
Solar Energy Facts
Heating and Electricity
- The solar energy incident on
earth for just one hour is more than enough to satisfy the global energy
needs for a whole year. Amazing isn’t it!
amount of power deposited by the sun per unit area which is directly
exposed to the sun is equal to 1,368 (Watts per Square Meters) at a
distance of one Astronomical Unit on or near earth. The Sunlight which
we receive is reduced by 26.91% & as it reaches the earth’s surface
it is close to 1,000 (Watt per square meters) on a clear sunny day.
- Did you know that a whopping 43% of solar energy is used just for heating water.
- If we cover a small percentage of Sahara Desert with Solar Panels, we can cater to the electricity requirements of the earth.
a study conducted by Shell it has been predicted that 50% of the
world’s energy will come from renewable energy sources by the year 2040.
- Japan Consumes 50% of the total solar panels manufactured worldwide.
Solar Energy Facts
- The use of Solar Energy has kept
on increasing at a rate of 20% a year, this fact has been observed
since the last 15 years. The credit for this goes to the rising
efficiencies and the falling costs of solar panels.
With incentives like tax rebates, subsidies the use of solar energy
systems will increase reducing the dependency on other sources of power.
In 2008 solar power accounted to a small supply of 0.02% of the world’s
total energy requirement. The use of solar energy has been doubling
every two or even less than two years, if this continues we all will see
Solar Energy become a dominating energy source in a few decades.
The Biggest Solar Thermal Energy Plants is the 354 MW (Megawatt) Solar
Energy Generating Systems Plant situated in the Mojave Desert,
California. This plant is made using the reflective parabolic trough
- The Olmedilla Photovoltaic Park in Spain
is the world’s largest Solar Photovoltaic Power plant with a capacity of
60MW was commissioned in 2008. This plant produces 85 GWh (Gigawatt
Hours) per year. It uses more than 160,000 solar photovoltaic panels
and the electricity powers more than 40,000 homes.
most earliest solar cell cost $286 per Watt in 1954, $100 per watt in
1971, $7 per watt in 1971 but now it is very affordable at $1 to $5
depending on the technology.
- Spain is the largest installed base of photovoltaic devices of 45% in the world.
Now my friend as you have already
checked out the facts about the solar energy, you will now be well
informed and you will take proper decisions for making solar energy an
inevitable part of your life.
Return from Konarka Technologies to SolarEnergyExplorer Home
© Copyright 2014. All Rights Reserved SolarEnergyExplorer.com